Duties. The principal duties of the regions are to:
- Implement the mission of the Church of the Nazarene through the pioneer areas, districts, and institutions;
- Develop regional awareness, fellowship, and strategies to fulfill the Great Commission, bringing district and institutional representatives together periodically for planning, prayer, and inspiration;
- Nominate persons to the General Assembly and Global Conventions for elections to the General Board;
- In harmony with Manual provisions, to establish and maintain schools and colleges or other institutions;
- Be authorized to recruit and screen missionary candidates from the region in accordance with policy (346.3);
- Plan Regional Advisory Council meetings and conferences for the region;
- Facilitate National Boards as stipulated in paragraphs 345 and 346.3.