Supply Pastor. A district superintendent shall have the power to appoint a supply pastor, who shall serve subject to the following regulations:
- A supply pastor may be a Nazarene member of the clergy serving in some other assignment, a local minister or a lay minister of the Church of the Nazarene, a minister in process of transfer from another denomination, or a minister who belongs to another denomination.
- A supply pastor shall be appointed temporarily to fill the pulpit and to provide a spiritual ministry, but shall not have authority to administer the sacraments or to perform marriages unless that authority adheres to him or her on some other basis, and he or she shall not perform the administrative function of the pastor except in the filing of reports, unless authorized to do so by the district superintendent.
- A supply pastor’s church membership shall not be automatically transferred to the church where he or she is serving.
- A supply pastor shall be a nonvoting member of the district assembly unless he or she is a voting member by some other right.
- A supply pastor may be removed or replaced at any time by the district superintendent.