The Regional Director. A region may have a director elected by the Board of General Superintendents in consultation with the Global Mission director, and ratified by the General Board, to work in harmony with the policies and practices of the Church of the Nazarene giving leadership to districts, churches, and institutions of the region in fulfillment of the mission, strategies, and program of the church.
Prior to the reelection of a regional director, a review shall be conducted by the Global Mission director and general superintendent in jurisdiction, in consultation with the Regional Advisory Council. A positive review will constitute an endorsement for recommendation for reelection.
Each regional director is to be administratively accountable to Global Mission, and General Board, and in jurisdictional matters, accountable to the Board of General Superintendents.
The Field Strategy Coordinator. When considered necessary, the regional director could institute a field structure in the region, and recommend to the Global Mission director the appointment of field strategy coordinators according to the Global Mission Policy and Procedure Manual. The field strategy coordinator would be responsible to the regional director.
Regional Course of Study Advisory Committee. The Regional Course of Study Advisory Committee (RCOSAC) shall be composed of the regional education coordinator, who may be ex-officio chairperson of the committee, plus representatives selected in consultation with the regional director. Members of the RCOSAC should represent all parties interested in ministerial education (i.e., pastors, administrators, educators, and laity) for the region.
Duties of the Regional Course of Study Advisory Committee (RCOSAC). The principal duties of the RCOSAC are to:
- Develop a regional Sourcebook on Ordination outlining the minimum educational standards for ordination on the region. The regional Sourcebook on Ordination must reflect minimum standards established in the Manual and elaborated in the International Sourcebook on Developmental Standards for Ordination;
- Develop validation procedures for the ministerial educational programs of the region, verify that the programs meet the regional COSAC and ICOSAC minimum standards;
- Collaborate with regional educational providers to interpret standards in ministerial education programs;
- Review ministerial education program submissions for compliance with regional Sourcebook and International Sourcebook standards;
- Endorse regional ministerial education programs to the International Course of Study Advisory Committee for adoption and approval.
If in the interim of sessions of General Board a vacancy should occur in the office of the general secretary, it shall be filled by the General Board, upon nomination as provided in paragraph 317.4. (335.21)