An inactive member may request in writing that the church board return his or her name to the active membership roll of the church. Such request must include a reaffirmation of the vows of membership and renewed participation in the worship activities of the local church. The church board shall respond to the request within 60 days. Full membership may be restored to such a person by recommendation of the Evangelism and Church Membership Committee and action of the church board.