Skip to content
- This local ministry plan template provides a standard format for the organization, function, and leadership of NYI at the local level. A local NYI group may adapt the plan in response to local youth ministry needs, consistent with the Nazarene Youth International Charter and the Manual of the Church of the Nazarene.
- Any area not covered by this ministry plan is under the authority of the local NYI Council.
- The NYI Council establishes and publicizes the process for adapting and revising the local ministry plan and must approve proposed revisions prior to their being brought to the annual NYI meeting.
- Proposed revisions to the local ministry plan must be distributed to NYI members prior to the NYI annual meeting.
- Revisions must be approved by a two-thirds vote of all NYI members present and voting at the annual NYI meeting and are subject to church board approval.
- All changes in the local ministry plan become effective no later than 30 days following the NYI annual meeting. The revised plan must be posted in written form prior to taking effect.