Duties of the Regional Course of Study Advisory Committee (RCOSAC). The principal duties of the RCOSAC are to:
- Develop a regional Sourcebook on Ordination outlining the minimum educational standards for ordination on the region. The regional Sourcebook on Ordination must reflect minimum standards established in the Manual and elaborated in the International Sourcebook on Developmental Standards for Ordination;
- Develop validation procedures for the ministerial educational programs of the region, verify that the programs meet the regional COSAC and ICOSAC minimum standards;
- Collaborate with regional educational providers to interpret standards in ministerial education programs;
- Review ministerial education program submissions for compliance with regional Sourcebook and International Sourcebook standards;
- Endorse regional ministerial education programs to the International Course of Study Advisory Committee for adoption and approval.